Alma Mater - Bloomsburg (2005)
- Adam Clay, former three time Regional All-American at Bloomsburg University with over fifteen years of coaching experience, will begin his sixth season as head coach of Penn State Harrisburg’s women’s soccer program in the 2017 fall season.
- In 2013, Clay helped lead the lions to the North Eastern Atlantic Conference Semi-finals and helped guide two players to the NEAC First team and another athlete to the NEAC second team.
- In 2014, Clay was the first coach to lead Penn State Harrisburg into Capital Athletic Conference Competition. His team also had the honor of claiming the school's first ever CAC victory with their 4-0 win over Wesley on October 23rd.
- In 2015, Clay’s side just missed a playoff run after finishing tied for sixth and losing on a head to head tiebreaker to advance. The team led the very competitive Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) in scoring with 27 goals and freshman Kristen Stark earned the programs first ever CAC First Team All-Conference nod as well as the Rookie of the Year Award.
- In 2016, The Lions repeated a seventh place finish with a team that started 7 freshman, which has the team and coaching staff excited about their 2017 prospects.
- As a player, Clay earned all-conference honors as a senior at Dallas Senior High School and was a part of state championship contending teams in 1999 and 2000.
- Clay had a successful collegiate career at Bloomsburg University where he was a team captain for two seasons and a three-time Regional All-American First-Team selection. He is currently Bloomsburg Universities 3rd all time leading scorer and was the recipient of the Danny Litwhiler Award—Underclass Male Athlete of the Year in 2003.
- He followed it up with a professional stint playing for the Reading Rage in 2004 and then signing with the Harrisburg City Islanders in 2005. Clay won a USL National Championship as a member of the City Islanders in 2007.
- Clay was the first assistant for the men’s team at Bloomsburg in 2005. He has been coaching in the Hershey area since 2005, including being named the Hershey Soccer Club Coaching Director in 2010.
- Clay is the founder and player head coach of the semi-professional team Hershey FC . Hershey FC competes in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL)which has over 100 teams across the country.
- Clay is also the school’s Sports Information Manager for which he is strongly equipped thanks to nearly 18 years of professional business experience.
Click here for Coach Mackenzie Gates Bio